Building registration in the building cadastre is a record keeping service for data about the building or its parts in the building cadastre, which is the official state record.
The condition for building registration in the building cadastre is that the land under the building is already registered in the land cadastre and reflects the actual situation.
When to register a building in a building cadastre?
The building must be registered in the building cadastre:
- if the building is a new construction and does not yet have its own identification number
- before land registry
- when you want to divide the building into several parts and the building is not yet registered in the building cadastre (where for residential buildings that were built after 1. 1. 2003 it is considered that several parts of the building are registered in the building cadastre only if a building permit for the construction of a multi-dwelling building is issued)
- when it is necessary to satisfy the Property Registration Act, which prescribes the obligatory recording of buildings in the building cadastre regardless of the year of construction, namely from 22.11.2018 onwards
Why register a building in a building cadastre?
The building must be registered in the building cadastre so you can:
- get a house number
- register your property in the land register and prove your ownership
- establish the condominium unit in a multi-dwelling building
- conclude legal transactions with your real estate, such as sale, purchase, exchange or mortgage credit
- the data in the building cadastre and the real estate registry reflects the actual state of your property