Quality spatial data is crucial in adopting many decisions in space. A particular role in the planning, management and monitoring of the activities in the space has the data of the land cadastre. In Slovenia, the land cadastre is the basic spatial register of land, but the accuracy of the data in this cadastre is not always appropriate.
When it is necessary to improve a positional accuracy of the land cadastre spatial data?
The use of land cadastre based data can be quite limited due to the poor accuracy of the positional data of this cadastre. Weak positional data are seen as major deviations (also for several meters) between the land cadastre based presentation (showing plot boundaries, boundaries of land under buildings and plot numbers) and the situation in nature. Deviations have been created as a result of the various measurement techniques used and maintenance procedures throughout the time. The deviations become apparent especially when we want to use the land cadastre presentation for the purpose of overlapping with other layers, e.g. with orthophoto layer.
Why is necessary to improve positional accuracy of the land cadastre spatial data?
Improvement of the positional accuracy of the land cadastre spatial data enables:
- easier preparation and enforcement of municipal and state spatial plans, agricultural policy measures, environmental protection
- easier valuation and taxation of real estate
- easier management of transport and urban infrastructure facilities
- better understanding of property relationships and easier planning of spatial developments
See other services from the group Land Cadastre
- Boundary Determination and Registration
- Land Partitioning
- Land under the Building Determination and Registration
- Boundary Marking
- Boundary Adjustment
- Boundary of Length Objects Determination
- Positional Accuracy Improvement of Land Cadastre Spatial Data
- Land Consolidation
- New Land Cadastre Measurement
- Land Plot Identification